the woes of a scatterbrain

in an effort to save money i decided to buy some of my school books off of amazon.com, but this was negated when i forgot and went to the store and bought the EXACT SAME BOOK at the bookstore. as soon as i realized this, i immediately began searching for my receipt. i had a vivid memory of sitting on my couch, looking at the receipt and thinking i need to put this in a safe place. so i looked in every safe place imaginable, from my wallet to every single trashcan and i could not find it. after an hour of searching, i was wondering if i started crying in the bookstore if they would take pity on me. just as i was about to drive to the bookstore, i look down and on the floor of my car was the receipt i was looking for the entire time.

The weirdest part is I still had that memory of sitting on my couch and looking at the receipt.

It's kind of scary to realize that your thoughts lie to you. And as much as I try to protest, I really can't trust myself. I can't trust myself to distinguish right from wrong or to distinguish reality from illusions.

1 Corinthians 1: 25
the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.

0 comments: