new years thoughts

So I didn't start thinking far enough in advance this year to make new years resolutions actually on new years, but I am sure it will still count.

I want to be more consistent in every area of my life.
I want to consistently read and learn the Bible,
I want to finally establish a good sleeping schedule,
I want to exercise and eat healthy not to lose weight, but to take care of my temple and hopefully avoid anymore costly trips to the emergency room,
I want to be a good steward of my money and learn to be content with what I have.
I want to get more involved both at church and on campus.
I want to commit to a craft, too many things in my life are half-finished.
I want to be able to take risks because more often than not I chicken out on applying for things I want because I don't believe I will get it.
I want to develop better relationships with my professors, I have managed to avoid being yelled at thus far so I bet it probably won't happen.
I want to develop a wider variety of friends, I don't want to be narrow minded or limited with my friendships

My psychology professor would say that none of these are good resolutions because they can't be measured, but I did it that way intentionally. I don't want my resolutions to be a rulebook or a recipe for a better me. I just want to be mindful of things that are important to me.

0 comments: