seldom, very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure...


I have just finished reading Emma, by Jane Austen. How I long to return to those days where the activity of each day was based principally on friendly visits! I love how women were valued for their education and seen to better the person they were marrying, while at the same time being subject to their husband. But most of all, I love the relationship between Mr. Knightley and Emma. I love how he entreats her to remember that at all times her actions are influential and he urges her to be the very best woman she can be. I love how she freely speaks her mind to him, but retains manners befitting a lady. I love that they value the compassion in each other and are constantly encouraged by the actions of the other. What a cute couple.

0 comments: