prayer calendar.

About two months ago, I heard a really great sermon about prayer. I was instantly convicted, because I have been extremely lazy in my prayer life. I was the kind of pray-er that would say their prayers while falling asleep, so not particularly effective. So the pastor gave this really great idea of a prayer calendar! You divide all your prayers by 7 and then pray for specific things every single day of the week! This was really great because part of my problem was that I just had a lot to pray for and so praying just seemed like an overwhelming task. So now I have my handy dandy prayer calendar and I only have to pray for 8 things every day, instead of 56. Which means that I can pray more thoroughly for everything as well. Another huge benefit is that I am so motivated to pray daily because I don't want to miss a day and not pray for something! Also, because you keep cycling back through each week it is teaching me to be faithful and consistent in prayer. Wow it is so great!

Prayer calendars = highly recommended.

0 comments: