overflowing.

I really don't like making decisions.
Honestly, I would rather just be told what to do.
But I think there is a reason why most girls are indecisive: because we were created to be helpers not leaders.
I only recently realized God's beautiful picture for marriage relationships includes a woman's submission.
I find that to be such a relief.
Seriously how smart is God that he would create us to be helpers and then tell us how to do it?
Brilliant.

Now, because I am unmarried, I have no such agenda for my life. So I have to decide whether to go to law school, and be a lawyer, on my own (with prayer, and wise council from lawyers, church leaders, friends, and the Bible). This is so hard for me. I have two completely different desires within me: 1) Be an adoption lawyer and have the potential/power to defend the orphan and the widow or 2) Be a mom and adopt as many children as we (my possible future husband and I) can afford and parent in a Godly way. I don't know if they go together. Not because they don't have similar goals, but simply the amount of time commitment that is needed in both.

A lot of prayer is going into this decision. All I know to do now is to step out in faith while still prayerfully taking my desires to God and continually asking him to change my desires into His own.

I can trust Him. He is faithful. I know that He has given me his spirit and so I am doing my best to trust that He will show me how to respond.

0 comments: