MAX SPEED



Sometimes I have this compelling need to run. I don't mean like go for a jog, I mean like run as hard and as fast and as long as I physically can until something inside of me breaks and I have to stop. The weather keeps stopping me from this run. I have tried to do it inside on a treadmill or elliptical but it is definitely not the same. Today the elliptical machine kept flashing MAX SPEED and making me slow down. When you run outside there is nothing that tells you to stop or that you are going to fast. I don't know this for sure, but I am pretty sure speed limits don't apply to runners. Another thing that keeps holding me back is timing. More often than not, I am overcome with the desperate need to run sometime between midnight and two in the morning, which of course is night time and when all the scary people come out. So I hope the weather clears up soon, because I am ready to run.

0 comments: