What inspires you?

So this weekend I went to the Create Conference in Waco, put on by ACC. Honestly, I wasn't super stoked about it at first, really I was just going because it was my high school besties 21st birthday and she wanted to go so... I tagged along. But, I ended up having a really awesome time, so I am going to tell you all about it.

The whole theme of the conference really resonated with me because I love to be creative and think of new things and new solutions to problems. I would never call myself a creative type though. I am just not artsy chill or supernaturally gifted in artistry and I wear normal clothes mostly. But, God is creative. If you don't believe me, go read Genesis. And then read the rest of the Bible, because he never stops moving. Behold, I am doing a new thing.

One of the big questions of the conference was,

"What inspires you?"
Music. Music inspires me. I get songs stuck in my head like crazy. If I am tired, I sing worship songs in my head until I fall asleep (Does anyone else do that? I am so weird always.). If I need to find joy, I sing worship songs to the Lord. If I am afraid, I sing of the Lord. If i need to find motivation, I listen to music that physically moves me. When I run, I need music to accompany.
I don't make music. I am not a song writer. I am not really gifted with words of any kind actually. But I know that music does something in my soul, so it is super important that I am careful what kind of music I listen to.

Phillipians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

I realized this weekend that I need to know and find what inspires me toward such things.

0 comments: