thought vomit.

I just have some really awesome friends. Too bad they can't be your friends because they are mine, so you will just have to believe how fantastic they are.
I also have been really blessed with some incredibly awesome teachers who really care about me and are willing to be there and I love that! Until this school year I didnt even realize how rare that is in churches! Sad day.
I really love being in college. Not because I can stay up super late or anything like that, because I really do love sleeping. But simply because I feel so empowered in college. It's a very freeing time and that's great, but I love that so many people use that freedom to serve others!
I really love 90's t.v. shows. They are the best by far. Home Improvement, Fresh Prince... need I say more?


Today I was so convicted at church this morning. I was sitting in church listening to the sermon about finances, listening for the purpose of using the knowledge for the future, because hello I am a college student and I have no finances! but God just brought to my attention this summer. I am working as a youth intern at Stonebridge Baptist Church and I am so excited I can barely contain it! But one thing I have kind of been worrying about is my lack of money. Not that I won't have money to eat or anything like that, I just really don't want to be a financial burden on anyone! So getting back on topic the sermon was on Phillipians 4: 10-13 and Paul says,
"I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed you have been concerned but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me. "
So convicting! My worries were a total lack of faith and I am so glad for the message today to convict me of that! I was trying to trust him with everything but my finances! I still am trying to wrap my head around the fact that I am not supposed to be in control of my life. I am supposed to trust God with all of it, every little piece. But how freeing is that? That the only decision I have to make is to follow him and then he will take care of the rest!

0 comments: